All deposits received are considered non-refundable. If you must cancel your reservations, you may reapply deposits prior to arrival to other weeks within the same calendar year, only where vacancies exist, and only if we are able to re-book your cabin. Any cancellation made (for whatever reason) less than two weeks prior to your scheduled arrival, will resort in the forfeiture of your deposit.
You will get one opportunity to reapply your deposit. If a second cancellation occurs on the same deposit, you will forfeit the deposit. Off-season guests, or those who book cabins for less than a week, who must cut short nightly reservations face a $30 cancellation fee. No-shows will surrender any deposits received and face an additional $50 no-show/cancellation fee.
We do not refund rental fees due to weather conditions or other elements indigenous to the Northwoods.* If something malfunctions in your cabin, we ask that you give us the opportunity to repair or rectify the situation as soon as reasonably possible. Fees will not be refunded if you simply do not “like” your cabin, or if you exhibit unreasonable expectations.
*flora/fauna including insects, arachnids, amphibians, fish, reptiles, rodents, mammals, etc.
We accept all major credit/debit cards for deposits and retail purchases.
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: There is a 3.5% convenience fee charged to all guests who wish to pay for the balance of cabin
accommodations with a credit or debit card. This does not apply to telephone reservation deposits, retail (pro shop) sales or motor rentals. You have the option to use your card for the cabin balance; however, cash or check is preferred.
Thank you for thinking about booking a cabin with us. If you choose to vacation at Sandy Point, the following list of
guidelines is provided to help you with your pre-booking questions, and is again provided–in writing–with each
reservation confirmation. Reservations are confirmed when we receive a deposit.
1. On-season check-in time is 4 p.m. Off-season check-in time is 2 p.m. If you plan to arrive after 7 p.m., we may not be available to register you until the following morning. A note will be left on the front door of the office and your cabin lights will be on. If you’re
new to Sandy Point, instructions on how to get to your cabin will be provided. We ask that you come to the office at 10 a.m.
the next morning to register and pay the balance of fees.
2. With the exception of late arrivals, cabins will be locked until you pay the balance of your fees and obtain a
key from the front office. Payment may be made by cash, personal check, debit or credit card. Guests will pay 3.5% convenience fee for cabin balances paid with a card.
3. Please inform us of any additional guests who plan to arrive during your stay. As our facilities are for
registered guests only, we require that all visitors check-in at the office. Overnight guests – beyond your cabin’s
base-rate occupancy level of 4, 6, or 10 – cost an additional $20 each per night or $60 per week, and daily
visitors/non-resort guests planning to spend time and use resort facilities beyond a brief visit ($20 per vehicle)
must pay fees in advance. All autos must be registered.
4. We do not supply food, towels, paper or cleaning products of any kind. For the sake of our septic systems, the
toilet tissue supply should be adequate; however, if you need more you must supply it. Additional trash bags are
also your responsibility.
5. Mandatory trash recycling is the law in Wisconsin. Our trash policy is posted inside each cabin.
6. To maintain cleanliness and as a courtesy to the guests who follow you, we ask that you please smoke outside
or use the screened porch for smoking. Also, please dispose of your cigarette butts properly – in waste cans as
opposed to on the grounds.
7. Firewood is for sale on property for a nominal fee. We do not allow the burning of outside firewood on property.
8. We expect you to leave your cabin clean and report all damage or breakage. PLEASE DO NOT RE-ARRANGE THE FURNITURE. As we’re trying to avoid charging cleaning/damage deposits, we provide a list of housekeeping guidelines inside each cabin and thank you for your cooperation. Please note that we do not offer laundry or sheet exchange services. There is a public laundry facility on property. Check-out times are 9 a.m. (on-season–no exceptions) and 11 a.m. (off season only or by permission according to reservation).
If you are considering bringing your dog to Sandy Point, please read and understand our policy. If you have a service or emotional support dog, we will ask for documentation. We are sorry, but we do not allow dogs on the property during the summer season, Memorial Day through Labor Day. Due to staff’s severe cat allergies, we cannot allow cats in the cabins at any time. In addition to cats, other household pets (birds/exotics) are not allowed. Please do not ask us to make exceptions.
In the off season, May 1st until Memorial Day weekend and after Labor Day until November 1st, we allow no more than two dogs on the property at one time. The charge is $20 per dog per day or $60 per week. Advanced registration, Signature on Pet Agreement, and confirmation in writing is required, along with a $100 cleaning/damage deposit for each dog, which will be charged at check-in and must be paid by a separate check. No cash. No credit cards. (If you do not register your dog in advance, an additional $20 per day charge will apply.) Dog owners must read the rules below and agree to the terms of the Pet Agreement. Failure to comply with any part of the policy will result in forfeiture of cleaning/damage deposit.
- Dogs must always be on a leash and under your control.
- Dogs are NOT allowed at the beach any time it is being used/enjoyed by other guests.
- Dogs must NOT be left alone in your cabin.
- Dogs must not be tied to trees near your cabin or anywhere on the property to bark or frighten passers-by.
- Cabins must be left FREE of dog hair. This includes furniture, carpets and floors, bed linens/blankets, screen porches and outdoor living spaces. (Vacuum cleaners and brooms are supplied with each cabin.) If any dog hair is found by our cleaning staff, expect to forfeit your deposit. If you dog regularly sleeps with you, please provide your own bed linens and blankets.
- All dog litter and dog hair surrounding your cabin must be cleaned up and disposed of properly.
- If your dog is a “barker,” we will kindly ask that you make other arrangements for his/her care before coming to Sandy Point Resort.
This Rental Agreement and Contract (the “Agreement”) is a legally binding agreement made and entered into as of the Reservation Date written below by and between the undersigned person(s) or company (the “Guest”) and the undersigned owner, manager or agent (“Rental Agent”), pursuant to which the Guest has agreed to rent the residence described below (the “Property”), for the duration of the Rental Term for the Total Rental Fee and other good and valuable consideration as described herein.
Guest agrees that no more than [Max Guests listed per cabin] persons shall be permitted on the Property at any time during the Rental Term, all of whom shall comply with the conditions and restrictions imposed upon Guest under this Agreement.
CONDITION AND USE OF PROPERTY
The Property is provided in “as is” condition. Rental Agent shall use its best efforts to ensure the operation of all amenities in the Property, such as internet access, satellite or cable TV access or hot tubs, fireplaces as applicable. Rental Agent shall not be held responsible for such items failure to work, but will make every effort to correct any issues as reported as quickly as possible. Guest
acknowledges that use of amenities such as hot tubs, pools, spas, fireplaces, decks, and the like may be potentially dangerous and involve potential risks if improperly used, particularly with regard to children and such use is at the Guest’s own risk.
Guest shall use the Property for residential purposes only and in a careful manner to prevent any damage or loss to the Property and keep the Property in clean and sanitary condition at all times. Guest and any additional permitted guests shall refrain from loud noise and shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor shall Guest use the Property for any immoral, offensive or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law, association rules or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the Property.
If Guest should fail to comply with the conditions and obligations of this Agreement, Guest shall surrender the Property, remove all Guest’s property and belongings and leave the Property in good order and free of damage. No refund of any portion of the Total Rental Fee shall be made and if any legal action is necessary, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement from the other party for all costs incurred.
ASSIGNMENT OR SUBLEASE
Guest shall not assign or sublease the Property or permit the use of any portion of the Property by other persons who are not family members or guests of the Guest and included within the number of and as permitted occupants under this Agreement.